Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time Out

Rather than updating you on the Babe, I would rather be putting away laundry right now.  Crazy, I know.  I probably want to do this because I just did several loads of laundry that are stacked in my bedroom, the Babe is asleep in her bed, and someone else has taken over my bed so I can't do it [yeah, I know, its his bed, too, but not when I need to put stuff away].  As soon as he wakes up, the urge will probably leave, or the Babe will be awake.  Murphy's law!

As for the Babe, we had a major tantrum this morning.  Tears for a good half hour.  Why?  Because I turned off the t.v.  Again, why?  Because she'd already been watching it for 2 hours, and had started behaving badly.  The final straw was her striking out at me.  Time outs don't work too well, although we do try them.  I repeatedly instructed her no hitting, to use her words for what she wanted, and even if she doesn't get what she wants, hitting is still not allowed.  Another thirty minutes got her calmed down with a sippy cup, and happily laying next to me while we read a bunch of books.  Several hours later she got to watch the much coveted television.  And now, she's asleep and I'm avoiding doing a few things I should be taking care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment