Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Golf Lessons

We've already played in the yard this morning, even before the Babe's morning juice (she never wants food first thing in the morning).  Today its supposed to storm in the afternoon, and I'm trying to keep her out of too much sun right now.  So, shortly after 8 a.m., we were in the yard with her brand new golf set. 

Before you get too excited there, its bright pink and purple, made of plastic, and meant for people about 3 feet tall.  Well, maybe that is exciting news.  Anyhow, its new to her, and she loves it.  So I was watching how she was gripping the clubs (not that I'm an expert), and was impressed.  She was alternating her grip with two hands, either next to each other, or with thumbs overlapping.  The two-handed grip inspires me that one day I may be able to teach her how to swing a baseball bat (hey, just because she's a girl, doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to play sports).  Anyhow, at one point I was swinging my club one handed (because I'm a lot taller than the targeted user of this set), and she instructed me to use two hands.  A little later, when I observed the proper golf grip she was using, I thought I may have a natural golfer here.  I must have said something because she said she would teach me.  I asked her how she learned this, as my husband wasn't home when we took the set out yesterday, and he doesn't watch golf on t.v....like my Dad.  Well, Duh!  She told me Grandpa showed her.  Yesterday, when I went inside for a few minutes, he must have given her a little lesson on how to hold the club.  I wished I had seen that.  Anyhow, today she clearly remembered and was doing a good job at it.  Maybe with a little practice, we can put her on the tour.  I'm guessing they'll want her potty trained first.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment