Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Groundhog Day

Apparently its Groundhog Day around here.  No, its not a snowy day in February (although it is rather chilly for late May).  I'm referring to the movie.  Somehow, my life as a Chamber Maid has begun.  I keep washing sheets over, and over, and over again.  When we got the Babe's new bedroom set over the weekend, I washed all the bedding.  The next night we had a wet diaper leak, so her sheets and blanket got washed in one load, mattress pad in another.  Yesterday afternoon, once the bed was fully made, she napped on top of her comforter.  Yep, another leak, so I had to wash her comforter.  That was ok, because she doesn't use it.  So, last night she went to bed on top of her freshly laundered sheets (comforter was still in the dryer).  I think you can guess what came next...middle of the night diaper leak.  Since everything was in the wash today, I let her nap in my bed.  I'm certainly a risk taker, and lost that bet (not surprisingly).  I at least made sure the quilt was far away from her.  So now I'm washing my sheets and mattress pad. 

So, two nights in a row and two afternoons in a row she's had a leaky diaper requiring several loads of laundry.  That is leaving me with a few options now, if I am to learn from this. 
     Option 1: No more liquids for the Babe= unrealistic and unhealthy. 
     Option 2: Buy bigger diapers= possibility. 
     Option 3: Potty train= on the horizon (not sure how soon though). 
     Option 4: Buy several mattress pads and sheets and layer them (thanks to a friend for this suggestion). 

Hmmm, what's the easiest and laziest route, cause that would be the one I'm going to pick for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment