Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nighty Night

"Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen."  That would be because our little girl just got a very big girl bed.  Her new mattress was delivered today, and brand new bedding is being washed for tonight.

When I say she's getting a very big bed, my petite little one is going to sleep in a full size bed that sits very high off the ground.  It makes me think of the "Princess and the Pea".  She's never heard that story, and she better not be getting any ideas tonight.  Because after months of her sharing my bed, tonight will be spent in her own room.  Granted, I suspect I'll be sleeping in there for the next few nights with her (lets hope not, but trying to be realistic), but eventually it means that I will have my bed back.

I know this is a transition to show she's getting bigger, and I should be a little sad over it.  I'm not.  Because once she adjusts to sleeping her room again, I get mine back.  I can watch whatever I want to on t.v. again (no more Angelina Ballerina or Caillou before bed).  Or no t.v. at all.  Or file my nails without her bugging me for the nail file.   Or actually talk to my husband without interruption.  The options are endless.  Oh, and most importantly, I get to sleep without risk of injury from a random kick in the head from a restless toddler.  Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment